Enter The JDream MX

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Excuse Me, Are You A Graphic Designer?

Some new guy just joined our company. Says he's from some reputable college of arts but his description leaves a lot to be desired, especially when he tells us that he doesn't know how to use even basic Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, two softwares that are demanded by the market in today's standards of every Graphic Designer.

He even asked me today how to do layouts for the Swiss Military watch catalogue that I passed to him. I was originally in charge of the whole operation but due to increasing workload from unsympathetic idiotic colleagues, and with him being the new guy with nothing to work with at, I was handed down orders to pass a copy so that he could assist me in completing a partial work of the catalogue.

And he's supposed to be a graphic designer.

Now it's bothering me when he calls me every five minutes or so, asks me the crash-course ways to do layouts. I mean, layouts aren't something that can be taught - you need that creative spark and that independant thinking to get the job done.

And he's supposed to be a graphic designer.

He asks me questions regarding PhotoShop and Illustrator even though they are of the most basic understanding to any ordinary human (cut-and-paste for example) and he's kinda getting on my nerves. Ask him to transfer some hand drawings to Illustrator's vector format and he shakes his head indicating he does not have the slightest idea what to do or how to do it.

And he's supposed to be a... oh to hell with it! You get the drift.

I'm not saying that I'm far better than he is (my Illustrator skills are still somewhat lukewarm) but when you meet someone who claims to be a student of some famous art college studying industrial and graphic design, you should at least know what "a Photoshop" is. Not to mention the fact that he doesn't know PC as well.

Disclaimer : I am NOT an art student, and here I am teaching an ART student design, Photoshop, layouts and Illustrator.

Something is VERY wrong here, no shit.

1 Comments:

  • hey bro...here u go!

    http://jkwy.blogspot.com/2005/12/time-run-faster-than-i-tot.html

    PS: Find a day go PS buy bag le!
    take k
    jarod

    By Blogger Jarod, at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home